Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Other Addictions | Manuklon

Salam to all...
     The next chapter of my life is books. Well, 'next' does not reflect the correct situation here. Hmmm for me books were in all my chapter of life. I knew books first before i started to know gaming anyway =). I spend most of my childhood reading translated novels written by Enid Blyton & Edward Stratemeyer. My favourite genre when i was a little kid was detective as written by both writers that i mentioned.
     I could only remember a few of those books such as Siri Salma, Siri Hadi, Penyiasat Lima Sekawan (correct me if i am wrong). However, during my time in secondary school, i encountered such a treasure that shadowed all other books that i had read before. The treasure open my eyes to the beauty of fictional novels and making my addictions towards books getting 'worse' =).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MANUKLON


     Manuklon was written by Dr Rahmat Haroun and i don't remember when. It such a long time ago. Anyway, it is a fictional novel with rich infusion of politics, self-conflict and the nature of Malay. The story revolved around a young man (Once again, i had forgotten his name; as a matter of fact, the only thing that i  had remember was the title =)) who had joined a revolutionary army. I don't know if that is the correct term. Malaysian political scene was being monopolized by a superior being; the Manuklon (Manusia Klon). 
     So, the aim of the revolutionary was to take down these clones and restore peace and equality to the nation. The young man got involved in an accident in his missions and got brainwashed and transferred to another division in the city. His brainwash session leave the most impact on me among all sections of the story. He had conversation with political figure head such as Sukarno and a few others.
     The novel had its romance aspect but its not the focus of the story. On the other hand, the war against the clones were done not only guerilla style, but also in the courtroom. They challenged the existing law maker and trying to change the state of the nation itself with so much injustice in so many aspect of life. They had help from one of the grand judges of the high court (correct me if i am wrong) for their case in the courtroom.
     The plot of the story is amazing and properly put into place by the writer. It had its share of action packed war scene, romance and slice of life. The theme and message that the writer wants to deliver was presented beautifully among the chapters. This is one of the books that literally changed my life and for those who had not heard of this book, i recommend you go search for it right away. It worth more than what it seems =).
     Before i end this post, please note that i had to dig from the deepest memories in order to post this review. So please forgive me if i had done the book and the writer injustice.

3 comments: